Wednesday 30 January 2013

OUGD405 Research, Collect, Communicate: Product

Through a process of collection and categorisation of content specific to your own research theme, you are required to focus on information graphics. How can you translate facts, figures and statistics into clear and understandable visuals?

Using your research theme explore information graphics through one of the following outcomes:

PRODUCT AND PUBLICATION

PRODUCT AND PACKAGING

PRODUCT AND DISTRIBUTION

Your resolution should reflect your own practical and conceptual interests (derived from your given research theme) within the field of contemporary graphic design.

From researching I had decided to just stay with the them othello, and the outcome i had chose to do was PRODUCT AND PACKAGING.

Firstly I decided to look into different ways things were packaged.


 
 
 
 
Although i wasnt sure as of yet what i wantd to create i found this info graphic for cd packaging.
 
This was the design that gave me idea of what i should make. From this i had decided to create a ticket for the show of Othello.
I really liked the aesthetics of this design however I wanted to create something that had more folds just so i could display more information. I knew i couldnt just create a ticket, so then i thought about the packaging you get when you purchase a ticket for a show and the info you get with it it.
 
As my inspiration is coming from cd covers, I found this video on Youtube
Which shows you how to make a hexagon shaped cd cover. This was really insightful however i did find it a little bit too complicated to make even though it is just paper folds. It also wasnt that much of a great help as i wanted my design to be simplistic and be made up of two items the outside packaging and ticket, as it makes the whole thing a lot more interesting and straight forward as the viewer to read.
I Liked the layout of this design purely because it allows enough space for information to go on with out being too complicated. This was another insprirational image which helped me design my piece.
I knew i didnt want to be too over the top with the way the actual ticket was held in place, purely because distribution of a design like this would be quite costly, especially if its a big show being to sent to many people. I got given money cards over christmas where there is a half circle shaped cut in to the deign at the top and the bottom where money would be slotted in place. This design allows multiple items of quite a big thickness to fit in there, so if it was a group booking you would be able to fit quite a few tickets in the envelope.


These is the money envelope i got given to me for christmas, as you can see above and below are the slots in which money or in my case tickets slide in and out off, but kept there quite firmly.

 

Ticket Designs

3rd January 2013
When Researching tickets i found this really fascinating blog which had loads of unique designs which gave me ideas for mine. Although some of these are too over complicated i do find that this was extremely beneficial to me and my current design process.
Below are the images i got from the site
10th January 2013









 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment