Tuesday 6 May 2014

OUGD501 CoP2 Synthesis

Context to Practical

As my essay was about a discrimination within advertising, I decided the best way to portray this was to design and brand some packaging that wouldn't discriminate against either gender. By doing so this allowed me to consider colours, fonts, style and design.

The products I chose to design packaging for was bath and shower cosmetics, a market which is heavily designed primarily for women, In contrast the male market that it uses the packaging is full of dark colours and minimal design. So  I wanted to create a brand that was colourful, decorative but suited both male and female.

I understand fully that some products and scents are for male or female, but there are plenty of stereotypically scents that men like as such do women, and deeper reality is that if a man uses a women's product it isn't going to turn that male into a female and vice versa, so why should such products be for one or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment