Tuesday 14 May 2013

OUGD401 Evaluation


BA (Hons.) GRAPHIC DESIGN
LEVEL
04
 Module Code 
OUGD401                 
 
 
 Module Title
Context of Practice
 

 

END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION

 

NAME
 
Sophie Abell
 

 

1.    What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them? The skills I have developed would probably be my essay writing skills. Even though in the past I have wrote essays it still doesn’t compare to writing an essay in a university setting, using the correct ways in how to Harvard reference. Also I have learnt how to find information from other sources such as books and journals to help with the essay. I think the effectiveness is evident in my essay.
 
 
 
 
 
2.    What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process? I did a lot of experimental work with my final piece. Normally I tend to stick to my first idea however after having a crit and taking on board what was said I had decided to then take a different avenue with my work.
 
 
 
 
 
3.    What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these? I wanted to concentrate on the aesthetics of my work with how it was made, rather than be a little bit more care free when it comes to putting it together. I made it my priority to take time in cutting out my final pages along with making sure it was all aligned properly.
 
 
 
 
 
4.    What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?
Weaknessed would probably be the amount of content, and also not giving my self enough time for the printing of my work. I originally wanted all my pages to be double sided along with having a design on the insides of the envelopes. However with printing difficulties I wasn’t able to. My theme is black and white and I wanted to print on black stock however I was told that white doesn’t show up on black paper so I had to rethink my design and just use a white stock. The disadvantage of this that it emphasises the white space on the insides where I had originally wanted there to be a design on.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
-Research more thoroughly
-Do more prototypes
-Organize my time better, so I would have more time to do the finishing touches.
-Make sure in future that I can print double sided rather then waiting to find out I cant on the day
-Keep up to date with my blog. This has lacked within this module and for research purposes it doesn’t show how much research I have looked at because I haven’t blogged about it all.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 
 
5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor
 
1
2
3
4
5
Attendance
 
 
x
 
 
Punctuality
 
 
x
 
 
Motivation
 
x
 
 
 
Commitment
 
 
x
 
 
Quantity of work produced
 
x
 
 
 
Quality of work produced
 
x
 
 
 
Contribution to the group
 
 
x
 
 
The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment